A short time ago I posted about the Disney Cruise Line fish extender gift exchange as well as some of my favorite fish extender gifts. Today I thought I would show you how to make a no sew duct tape fish extender. It is really easy and I am quite happy how it turned out. Here are the supplies you will need:
- 3 different colors or patterned duct tape (I choose, Mickey, Black and White)
- 3 gallon size Ziploc bags (I choose the slider ones as I am also doing another duct tape project that required them)
- Letter Stickers (Pick colors that will coordinate well with your duct tape.)
FYI the cost for supplies was $8.75 + taxes
- I took the Mickey duct tape and strip by strip covered the Ziploc bag on both sides, leaving a little space at the slider top.
- I then took black duct tape and covered the bottom then the sides of the Ziploc bag. Line the black tape on Ziploc bag then fold over so there is just under one inch on both sides of the bag.
- Then I took a small piece of the white duct tape and positioned it where I wanted it on the bag.
- I then took the alphabet stickers and attached them to the bag in the area where I placed the white duct tape.
Repeat this for as many pockets as you want in your Duct Tape Fish Extender. In my case I did 3.
Once you have competed your pockets you need to assemble the Duct Tape Fish Extender.
What I did was:
- Lay out a 5 foot strip of black duct tape on the floor sticky side up (For more pockets you would need a bigger strip.)
- Then I carefully placed each bag one at a time and folded the duct tape in half over each side.
- I left 2 inches between each bag.
- There should be about 1-1.5 ft left at the end keep folding in half the excess will be what the Duct Tape Fish Extender hangs from.
- Repeat this for the other side however when you get to the access duct tape at the top line it up with the other duct tape from the other side to complete the handle.
It took me about 30-45 min with a 3 year olds help and an eight month old crawling all over me.