Way back in October of this year I made some Toronto Blue Jays Bottlecap Pendants. We had so much fun making them that I decided for Christmas to make some Bottlecap Ornaments. For the most part the instructions are the same just with some minor tweaks.
Here is what you will need to make the Bottlecap Ornaments:
- Bottlecaps (you can get these at Michael’s and they even have a whole punched in them to add a jump ring)
- Modge Podge
- Christmas themed pictures printed on cardstock
- 1 inch Circle Punch
- Modge Podge Dimensional Magic
- Jump Rings
- Red Ribbon
- Using your computer print off some Christmas themed pictures or even team logos on cardstock (I used clip art and pasted in word and adjusted the size of the image so it was under 1 inch; then I copied the image for the amount of ornaments I was going to make)
- Punch the logo out of the card stock using the Circle Punch
- Using the Modge Podge glue the picture to the bottlecap
- Add a few drops of dimensional magic on top of the picture. Do not use too much a few drops will do and spread it over the entire picture. Make sure you get rid of any bubbles let the bottlecap dry. I let it dry for at least 24 hours
- The following day I added a jump ring and some red ribbon to complete the bottlecap ornament.
Once again I loved the way these bottle cap ornaments turned out and I made several different designs and can’t wait to see reactions when some people open their Christmas presents and find one of these inside.